The Purpose of the Amery Economic Development Corporation is economic development in the Amery Community as well as retention and growth of existing businesses. We focus on business retention, expansion, recruitment, new business start-ups, marketing and advocacy.
AEDC Goals for the July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 Membership Year
- Work to provide assistance to Amery community businesses in a number of key areas during the coming year:
a) Response to the Covid-19 pandemic
b) Preparation and follow through on steps to take to prepare downtown businesses for the road diet disruption during the spring and summer of 2021.
c) Seek out training that may assist our businesses in discovering ways to market and conduct their business in the new normal.
2. Work to bring additional housing options to the city of Amery.
3. Enhance Marketing efforts for the Amery community
a) Promote the Amery marketing video throughout our region via various websites: Momentum West, Polk County EDC, Polk County Visitor Center, AEDC, ACC, and appropriate state and county websites.
b) Increase the use of social media promoting Amery and the Amery businesses.
4. Build productive and collaborative relationships with existing businesses.
a) Continue to hold the Manufacturing Leadership Roundtable meetings
b) Make business visits throughout the year.
c) Maintain the AEDC website with up to date information, including available commercial properties.
5. Participate in Polk County and Momentum West organizations to keep current on their activities and how they may impact the Community of Amery and the AEDC.