The purpose of the Amery Economic Development Corporation is economic development in the Amery Community as well as retention and growth of existing businesses.
AEDC Goals for the July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 Membership Year
1. Enhance marketing efforts for the Amery community
a. Participate on the marketing committee established by the mayor.
b. Attend a minimum of two site selector meetings (Community Venture Network).
2. Promote education, training, and employee development opportunities available to Amery employers.
a. Work with Amery Young Professionals to grow their membership.
b. Hold training/development sessions.
c. Maintain a working relationship with the Amery High School Technical Education department.
d. Participate on the CESA 11 Youth Apprenticeship steering committee.
e. Communicate training sessions held throughout the 10 county Momentum West region.
3. Work to bring additional housing options to the city of Amery.
a. Upon completion of the Polk County housing study, work to present that study to developers/investors to communicate the housing needs in Amery.
4. Promote local business expansion opportunities in Amery.
a. Provide information on state and federal programs available for local business expansion.
b. Build productive and collaborative relationships with existing businesses.
c. Continue to hold the Manufacturers Leadership Roundtable meetings.
5. Participate in Polk County and Regional Economic Development Organizations
a. Polk County EDC
b. Momentum West.