May 25, 2021
This June begins the Amery Economic Development Corporation’s (AEDC) 12th year of encouraging and promoting economic development in the Amery Community. During this past year, we have worked hard to be a dedicated resource for local businesses and entrepreneurs as they navigate the COVID pandemic.
Despite the unusual circumstances of the COVID 19 pandemic, the AEDC has worked to focus on some key activities during this past business year:
- Enhance marketing efforts for the Amery community: The AEDC is an active participant on the Amery Mayor’s marketing committee. In September of 2020, a new video was launched promoting our community and all that it has to offer. You can view the video by going to the city website www.amerywi.gov or you can search this link: https://youtu.be/MEbh57mzhu8 .
- We work to provide existing businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs with valuable information through virtual webinars facilitated by SCORE.
- Over the the past year, the AEDC has worked with thirteen individuals and/or businesses to answer their questions, ranging from space needs to business plans to marketing their business. This includes information from the West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (WCWRPC) on Façade Loans and Revolving Loans
- Worked with WCRPC on providing information, including a Letter of Support, for a $954,480 grant from the Economic Development Administration for infrastructure to the south industrial park. This grant was applied for in February. As of May 25, we have not heard if we have been awarded the grant.
- During the pandemic, the AEDC has forwarded information about various programs available to businesses. The ‘We’re All In” Grant was for $2,500. The application required a letter of recommendation from financial or economic development entities. The AEDC wrote 17 such letters for Amery businesses. Polk County had 183 businesses get grants totaling $457,500. Information is not available to inform us how many successful grants were for Amery businesses.
- The AEDC worked on a committee to promote Agritourism. There are a number of agriculturally-anchored farms that are just minutes from downtown Amery. Places to relax, eat, learn, tour and stay. Access to this information can be found on the city website or by searching this link: https://amerywisconsin.org/703/Agritourism .
- The AEDC participated on the Mayor’s Road Diet Preparation Committee. Worked to get stakeholders on a communication list and worked to keep manufacturers informed about the project and possible effects on their logistics.
The AEDC Board of Directors and Paul Shafer, Executive Director, are appreciative of the financial support we have received for the business year of July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. That financial support allows us to execute on our mission, “Helping Business Do Business”. The work of the AEDC is only possible through the support of our membership. To our current members, we want to thank-you for your support. To those of you who have not been a member, we hope you will consider supporting us as we move forward in our efforts to build on great things happening in Amery.
Amery Economic Development Corporation